Friday, April 4, 2014

*SENTENCE COMBINATION*

Learning to combine ideas into more complex sentences is an important writing skill. There are many ways to do this. Try to combine the following three sentences.


Sentence 1: Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd.
Sentence 2: It is associated with spring.
Sentence 3: In many parts of Canada, spring doesn’t arrive until May.
Sentence 4: When I woke up yesterday, there was fresh snow on the ground.

2 comments:

Doris177 said...

Earth Day, is associated with spring, is celebrated on April 22, but when I woke up yesterday there was snow on the ground, and in many parts of Canada spring does not arrive until May.

Michael said...

Good job, doris, but I think there's a typo in there (you are missing the relative pronoun). Here is a similar solution:

Earth Day, which is celebrated on April 22, is associated with spring, but when I woke up yesterday, there was snow on the ground, and in many parts of Canada, spring doesn't arrive until May.