Thursday, April 18, 2013

GRAMMAR QUESTION, April 18th, 2013



There are a number of grammatical errors in the following sentence. Rewrite the sentence to correct for those errors. There are many possible solutions.

Studying on my own pace is a lot of benefit for me do to I am not needing to be worrying about no time for attend class. Being a single parent, the classes allows me working and studying and to spend time with my children.

The problems, and their corrections, will be posted in the next edition of the blog.

7 comments:

Yadiriny189 said...

Studying at my own pace has a lot of benefit for me because I am not worrying about the time needed to attend class. Being a single parent and attending classes do not allow me to work, study and spend time with my children.

Unknown said...

Studying on my own pace has a lot of benefits for me because I do not need to worry about the time needed to attend class. Being a single parent, the classes allow me to work, study, and spend time with my children.

Unknown said...

I apologize, I am re-correcting my inital posting.

Study at my own pace has a lot of benefits for me because I do not need to worry about the time needed to attend class. Being a single parent, the classes allow me to work, study, and spend time with my children.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Sytsma 177
Studying at my own pace has a lot of benefits for me. I do not need to worry about the time needed to attend class. Being a single parent, the classes do not allow me to work, study and spend time with my children.

Veronica Baig said...

YADIRINY:That's a good solution:-)
JESSICA:You need a combination of these two versions--you made a good correction to the 1st one, and then you introduced an error in the 2nd one;-)
SARAH: Almost--you have a dangling modifier. Can you fix the error?

Unknown said...

Hi Veronica,
Thank you for your feedback. Is it a spelling error or grammatical?
J

Veronica Baig said...

JESSICA: It's a word form error;-)